Pop of Color in Your Kitchen

$100

One way to give a little pop of color in your kitchen is to paint your island a fun color. My friend wanted it a blue and we found a pretty color on Pinterest. It’s called Benjamin Moore Van Courtland Blue. It’s such a pretty color. She got Valspar paint from Lowe’s and had them color match it to the Benjamin Moore color. We got a satin sheen. The glossier sheen you get, the likelihood of Imperfections will show. Flat sheen tends to not be glossy enough and is difficult to clean. Before I started painting, I took off all the doors and hardware and put them in ziploc bags. I then used a sanding block to scruff it up a little. I didn’t have to use primer since it was already painter cabinets. I used a small roller and brush to apply the paint. Each brand of paint is different and this one said it was dry after 30 min but to wait 2 hours to apply another coat, which is what I did. Once I applied 3 coats, I let everything dry and then put the cabinet doors back on island. Once I was done with that, I found brass hardware that I liked better, so I put those back one. I love how it turned out.

3. Before

4. Took off the drawers

5. First coat

I taped this part off, but I found I’m sloppier when I use tape. So, I didn’t use it anywhere else.

We didnt choose this color. It’s good to get samples to make sure you like it in your house!

1 sample

7. First coat

8. First coat on the doors
2. Sample
9. Deciding on hardware

10. After

• Paint  (Lowes)
  • Knobs  (Lowes)
  • Paint brush  (Lowes)

15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• CA
    CA

What 'type' of paint is this? Did you use cabinet enamel? Thanks!

• I just did this and used Lowes Cabinet paint, it was easy to work with and you don't have to prime or sand if your cabs are in good clean condition! I used a Sherwin Williams color with this paint, SW2810 Rookwood Sash Green a old exterior color! It goes great with the SW Hazel in my family room.

• Vicci fain
    Vicci fain

What color is this? I love it.

• Joanie
    Joanie

It looks lovely to me.........only I would move the stainless steel garbage can at the end of the kitchen Island. You prep and cook there........you want that can there......that's it, it is beautiful!!