Cat bowls?

Johnavallance82Agnes ChrzanowskaAriel
+19

I have these cat bowls bases And I wonder if there's away to make a bigger hole to fit the cat bowls into? Hope these pic can tell u what I'm needing help with???

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

What are the bases made out of - metal, or plastic?

Are you wanting to enlarge the openings in the bases so that the bowl is more sturdy when sitting in the base?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

what are the bases made of? What is your goal for making the hole bigger?

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

Yes, it would depend on what the base is made out of-metal or plastic. If plastic, it could be cut away easily to accommodate the base of the clear bowl. If made of metal you might be able to do it with tin snips, depending on what the base is made of. Or you could glue the bowl into place making it a solid unit.

Just looking at the catfood in the bowl, they seem to be very large chunks for a cat, or maybe an optical illusion because it is a close up?

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

you could cut the base that is in there now out and make it larger and if the bowls you use now are larger than the base just don't use the base- I use plastic place mats from the dollar store - turn them over and use the larger opening

• Cheryl A
      Cheryl A

have you tried adding weights to the bowl to keep them on the base? or buy smaller bowls that will fit into the base at the dollar store

• Heather
    Heather

Ok ppls thanks for the comments yes the base is made of plastic and my thoughts are if it's possible to have made a metal ring that's the same size as the Bottom part of the cat food bowl part that goes into the Base!!! So then I could heat up the metal ring to melt the size I'm needing!? Know is that possible?

• Annie
    Annie

Can you use a hole saw to enlarge the hole that is in the base?

William

You can use a jig saw, small hand saw, sharp serrated knife. Place the bowl over the hole. Outline with a marker or pencil. Cut along the line. If you don't have a saw you can heat up a knife and carefully cut/melt along the line. Be careful and try not to inhale the fumes. Once the hole is cut use some sandpaper to smooth out the edge.

• Mogie
    Mogie

We recently used a dremel to enlarge a hole in a plastic table for an outdoor umbrella. Just be patient and try to be even on how much is removed.

You didn't state how much needed to be removed so I guessed that it was just a small amount.

• Heather
      Heather

Yes small amount it's just I not very good at cutting a straight smooth circle!! I miswell just keep the base the way it is with the cat food bowl super glued on top

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

You should be able to use a jigsaw with a plastic cutting blade to make the hole larger.

• Em
    Em

Got to agree with just getting a flat dish with a rubber gasket on the bottom that is non slip. If you want a raised one for some reason. I found a crock that is the perfect size for my pets to not have to bend down to eat, but cats usually squat down to eat anyway.

• Ariel
    Ariel

A jigsaw will do the trick.

• Agnes Chrzanowska
    Agnes Chrzanowska

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi there,

I don't thin these are meant to have bowls in, (just enough space for cat to be able to retrieve the food with it's paw!