DIY Ombre Clay Bowl or Jewelry Trays For Gifts

$20

The things you can make with clay are endless! Not only is polymer clay fun to work it's pretty easy - and CHEAP. I'll be teaching my readers how to create dupes from High-End Stores like West Elm and Anthropologie over the next few months, and I'll be using clay in some of my processes.

Here are some clues of what's coming up....

Vintage Farmhouse Mirrors (we can add clay to imitate molding and onlays)

LOTS of upcycling furniture

I wanted to begin with something easy, so we can all get comfortable with creating and inspiring each other along the way.

Ombre Clay Bowl

After MUCH research I've learned that despite following all directions our finish product may have some imperfections or hair line cracks.

To correct this I used Mod Podge to seal and strengthen my end product.

Supplies used in tutorial which I picked up from Amazon:

Polymer Clay Kit

Mod Podge

STEP 1

Choose clay and arrange your colors.

Step 2

Roll clay and create a pinwheel.

Step 3

Flatten using a mug (I found this to be the easiest since a mug has a handle) or roller pin.

Other Color Ideas

For more information about the process, please review the video on my blog post.

Please let me know if you tried it or have an idea for me. Creating with others is so much more enjoyable!

Happy Crafting!

Rebecca, founder of Restyled Homes

Video Tutorial

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Rebecca, RestyledHomes

• Bishop J
    Bishop J

Your probably getting the cracks from cooling too fast. My neighbor uses that clay all the time and when done baking, she puts it in a glass beaders insulation blanket to cool over several hours.

• Rebecca, RestyledHomes
      Rebecca, RestyledHomes

Interesting. I had a few hairline cracks during the baking process. I will try your tip next time. I purchased some air-dry clay for my next round.

• Desiree Zaballero
    Desiree Zaballero

Hi Rebecca, I have another question, did you bake your clay bowl with the other bowl under it?

Happy Holidays!

Desiree