How to Make a Wood Slice Wreath

$10

Save your Christmas tree trunk this year to make yourself a stylish wood slice wreath, alternatively purchase pre cut wood slices to make this fun wreath.

You will need approx 40 wood slices, dependant upon the finished size of your wreath and the size of the log slices. I am working with log slices varying between 1 -2" diameter to create a small wreath.

Play with your wood slices - creating two layers, one larger as the base, with a second smaller layer so that the log slices overlap each other

Having chosen your wood slices, mark off triangular sections with masking tape for your first layer of paint.

Paint and set aside to dry.

Once dry remove the masking tape, then mask a second triangular shape for your second colour of choice.

Paint, once dry remove the masking tape.

Arrange your larger slices in a circular shape - use a household item as a guide for forming the circle.

Apply E6000 glue to the back of your smaller slices and arrange to overlap the large log slices, thus joining them together.

Once the wreath has full dried check the rigidity, if need be turn over. Staple gun the log slices where they but each other to add strength.

Lastly tie a bow in a piece of hessian and attach to the base of the wreath. Check out my full blog post which includes a video.

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Vickymcreations

• Lynne
    Lynne

really nice!

• Lucille
    Lucille

This is awesome! I live in rural Newfoundland, Canada and hubby will be cutting a tree tomorrow or looking through my brother’s wood piles.

Stay safe all!! 😊