How to Make Cozy Christmas Trees

$5

Hi, I'm Cindy. I blog at DIY Beautify where I love to share budget-friendly ideas for your home! These fluffy Christmas trees are SO cute SO easy and SO inexpensive to make! You're going to want to make a whole forest! I was inspired to make these after finding out about cotton piping! It comes in lots of widths and is so cheap and fast to wrap your Styrofoam cones to make these cute fluffy trees!

Watch the video below to see how I make them from start to finish. I'll also include written instructions below.

Video Tutorial

Watch how easy it is to make these cute Christmas trees!

Supplies

You'll need Styrofoam trees, cotton piping, wood dowels, wood rounds and hot glue.

'Stain' wood

Start by staining wood dowels and rounds with dark furniture wax. You could also use real wood stain, but the wax is much faster and will be ready to go once the trees are wrapped.

Hot glue piping to Styrofoam tree shape

Start at the bottom and glue piping to tree shape, keeping piping tight and close together. Glue all the way up.

Create tree trunks

Grab those wood pieces you 'stained' and insert dowel up into tree. You might need to use a little hot glue to keep it in place.

I had Mr DIY drill a hole in the wood round that was the same size as the dowel rod. Then I simply pushed the dowel into the hole of the round. I also added a little wooden spool that I had.

Add a wreath

Decorate your trees with small wreaths made from garland and berries (see video or blog post for details). These are simply pinned in place so they can easily be removed.

Decorate trees however you want! Add pom poms, a star, berry garland and trim, whatever you love!

Style trees

Add finished trees to a tabletop or wherever you want to enjoy them! I wrapped some greenery around the bases along with fairy lights for a little twinkle.

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
CINDY DIY Beautify