Fall DIY | Dresser Makeover

7 materials
$60

My client contacted me asking me to recreate a dresser from a year ago I had done for someone. Challenge accepted! I hadn’t done a white and wood combo in awhile, and it’s such a satisfying one. So browsing through Facebook marketplace I found this gem. Although I could tell it was solid wood, I was not expecting the wood to be THAT beautiful 😍 check it out!

also , check out my Instagram for diy TikTok / Reels tutorials !

Before

Solid wood, great bones! But those handles needed some work. It all needed a makeover. But you an see that beauty ?! Right?! 😉

Remove hardware

Personally, I keep all my hardware, but I was getting all new stuff for this piece.

Sand time baby

These old yellowing drawer stain needed to go!!

Happy dance

It was time for a happy dance when I saw that GORGEOUS wood grain underneath 🖤

Sand frame

Just needed a scuff up, and shinny coating taken down.

Sanded and Varasol wipe

Sanding was done and I used varasol to wipe down all the sand dust off.

Putty

I put some wood filler on the bottom legs to fill some chips. Than sanded that down.

Prime

Time to prime - I always and forever will use ZINSSER SHELLAC BASED primer.

I was so sad my airbuds (Bluetooth headphones) died 😫

Time for some stain

Staining the drawers I used a minwax royal walnut.

Beauty 😍

Stained

Primed all done ✅
Add the paint

I did 3 coats of behrs antique white adding bb frosch transforming powder with the paint, over top the 3 coats of primer.

Off white

Love that off white!

Add new hardware

I bought these hardware pieces from amazon! I live how adorable and adorable and good quality most are.

Staging 😍 my favorite part!

I actually DIY’d these black vases ;) go check out them in another post!

Done

There you have it! Beautiful wood grain and off white frame. If you would like tips or questions answered for your next project! I would love to hear them. Checkout my Instagram and Facebook

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

4 of 14 comments
Next