Fall DIY | Dresser Makeover

$60

My client contacted me asking me to recreate a dresser from a year ago I had done for someone. Challenge accepted! I hadn’t done a white and wood combo in awhile, and it’s such a satisfying one. So browsing through Facebook marketplace I found this gem. Although I could tell it was solid wood, I was not expecting the wood to be THAT beautiful 😍 check it out!

also , check out my Instagram for diy TikTok / Reels tutorials !

Before

Solid wood, great bones! But those handles needed some work. It all needed a makeover. But you an see that beauty ?! Right?! 😉

Remove hardware

Personally, I keep all my hardware, but I was getting all new stuff for this piece.

Sand time baby

These old yellowing drawer stain needed to go!!

Happy dance

It was time for a happy dance when I saw that GORGEOUS wood grain underneath 🖤

Sand frame

Just needed a scuff up, and shinny coating taken down.

Sanded and Varasol wipe

Sanding was done and I used varasol to wipe down all the sand dust off.

Putty

I put some wood filler on the bottom legs to fill some chips. Than sanded that down.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
Prime

Time to prime - I always and forever will use ZINSSER SHELLAC BASED primer.

I was so sad my airbuds (Bluetooth headphones) died 😫

Time for some stain

Staining the drawers I used a minwax royal walnut.

Beauty 😍

Stained

Primed all done ✅
Add the paint

I did 3 coats of behrs antique white adding bb frosch transforming powder with the paint, over top the 3 coats of primer.

Off white

Love that off white!

I bought these hardware pieces from amazon! I live how adorable and adorable and good quality most are.

Staging 😍 my favorite part!

I actually DIY’d these black vases ;) go check out them in another post!

Done

There you have it! Beautiful wood grain and off white frame. If you would like tips or questions answered for your next project! I would love to hear them. Checkout my Instagram and Facebook

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Beth Ashworth
    Beth Ashworth

You mentioned you did 3 coats of primer with the zinser, then 3 coats with Behr and BB frosch powder. What does the powder do? Do you add it to the can of paint? Also, your supply list contains Dixie Belle - gator hide. Do you add that to the paint as well or do you apply it after the primer & paint?

I would love to try this with a china cabinet. What happens if it is veneer?

Thanks!

• Ally | flop.or.not
      Ally | flop.or.not

Hi there! So the powder is a chalk powder and you can add it to whatever general paint you want to give it a fluffy cloudy milky look. Dixie bell gator hide is a product from them you purchase online nothing involved other than Applying with a paint brush once your paint is dry for protection.

veneer is doable! There’s a bit more to the process I would personally do if it was veneer. I offer mentor sessions online for projects if your interested! Check out my latest post on my Instagram for details 🖤

• Angie
    Angie

I really like the color and the way you changed the looks I was needing to ask did it have pictures on the side of it before you sand it pictures of people's faces?

• Angie
      Angie

I am woundering if anyone else see it pictures of people's faces or I'm going crazy LOL it's the picture right before you get to the picture of you painting with headphones on the one that's above it I wish if anyone has seen what I see just let me know thanks

• Lynn Andersen
    Lynn Andersen

Lovely. How far did you take the sanding down on the parts that you were going to paint. All the way to bare wood, or leave some stain color? Also do you sand with finer sandpaper as well to get VERY smooth serface after painting? Thanks

• Ally | flop.or.not
      Ally | flop.or.not

If in painting I just sand scuff with 60/80 grit and than after I’m done sanding right before painting or staining. I do 220 grit :)