Create a No Contact Trick or Treat Wall This Halloween

$10

This year we are all trying to stay safe and healthy by avoiding contact with too many people. I have come up with a way to keep the Halloween spirit alive while adhering to social distancing rules. In my tutorial, I show you how to make an incredible trick or treat wall and the best part is, there is no contact involved. If you want to celebrate Halloween in a fun and easy way, this tutorial is definitely for you! I will show you how to make a spooky, no contact trick or treat wall in just a few easy steps.

Tools and materials:

• Cloth
  • Pegs
  • Leaf sets
  • Fairy lights
  • Candy
  • Halloween decorations

Halloween trick or treat ideas
Create the wall

For this amazing, contactless trick or treat wall, I used things I already had sitting in the house. To create my wall I used a photography backdrop stand but any fence would work just as well. 

Add a cloth

I started by simply putting up a green piece of cloth, using pegs to hold it. Any color cloth will work and you can also get creative with your colors to add to the Halloween spirit. 

Halloween trick or treat ideas for kids
Add fairy lights

The next thing I added was these little fairy lights. I used my pegs to hold them in place on the wall and when turned on they had this gorgeous purple glow. 

Add leaf sets
Decorate with leaf sets

I used my handy pegs to hang some of these cute little leaf sets to the wall. The leaves and the lights add so much to the wall’s aesthetic! 

Add candy
Add the candy to the wall

This trick or treat wall just wouldn’t be complete without candy! To make these sweet treats easily accessible, I made sure to hang them on my tumbling leaves using my handy little pegs. 

Fun trick or treat ideas

Step: Add some Halloween decorations 

Of course, I added a trick element with this super spooky skull to really give this wall the Halloween spirit. You can add as much or as little Halloween decor to your trick or treat wall. 

DIY trick or treat ideas

This no contact trick or treat wall is the best way to create the Halloween spirit! What other spooky elements would you add to this wall? Let me know in the comments below! 

15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Fiona Debell

• Beth
    Beth

Did you sit out there and tell the kids to just take one? If not, what kept kids from snatching all the candy off the wall at one time?

• Beth
      Beth

Oh I agree, Lola -- it IS their job. Unfortunately, I did not see many of the parents doing their job in my neighborhood. Parents stood at the sidewalk and let even the preschoolers toddle up to my door unattended in the dark (even with all my lights on, my front yard is not very well lit). And after about 6:30, our trick-or-treaters were older kids out sans parents, who definitely would have cleaned off your wall in one swipe!

• Jerilynn Sherman Barkdull
    Jerilynn Sherman Barkdull

This is a great idea and I love it! Wish I had seen it last week. :( Just wondering, though... did you add any weight to the bottom to keep it from toppling over? I know some kids in our neighborhood who are a little more on the rough side and would've found a way to destroy it!

• Lola
      Lola

Aren't the parents there, watching their kids?

• Patty
    Patty

Very creative. Great idea for kids!

• ShelbyNeen
    ShelbyNeen

Love it!

I personally think it's a great idea. Brush off the cynics. It's for the kids, which we all know could use some fun time on Halloween. I do wish I had seen this earlier, but I will certainly try to add it to next year's entertainment. I think us sitting on our porch and watching them "self-service" would be fun and we'd be able to do refills when the candy started running low.

-

Thank you for sharing.