Perfect Mini Chandelier

$40

I’ve been wanting to replace that light in our Butler's Pantry since the day we moved in. I didn’t want to rush into it cause I wanted the perfect light in there.I found a $12 vintage cake carrier cover, you know those old metal ones? Combined it with a mini chandelier and voila! For less than $40 dollars we have a super cute & chic lighting fixture for a great space!

Perfect lighting

Certainly a unique conversation piece but it's also functional and the light looks amazing!

Clean & remove existing knob

Started by cleaning off the entire cake cover. Removing the porcelain knob (to use for another project)

Ready to drill a larger hole

I drilled a hole (1/4") large enough to run the light fixture wire through it. I filed down the edges a bit with my dremel so that it would knick the wiring.

Putting it together

Once the hole was large enough, I ran the wire through and had my husband replace the existing one with this fantastic one!

a look at my materials

Shimmery & beautiful

The light that comes off of this (day or night) is amazing! Looks chic, beautiful and perfect! For in-depth steps, head over to Gully Creek Cottage!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)
am I pleased with it?

I love the way it turned out!

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Gullycreekcottage

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

Looks great. I re,3mber years ago Walmart used to carry those lights with the beads or string. I bought those for my daughters to put over their beds back in the day. I never would have thought to put any thing over them to dress them up more. This is a really great idea. Thanks for sharing.

• Gullycreekcottage
      Gullycreekcottage

Thank you Lisa! They are certainly cute on their own but I loved jazzing it up a bit!