Chevron Pallet Wood Headboard

$0

Here's how I made a pallet wood chevron headboard that cost me nothing as I used recycled materials.

You can find my DIY pallet wood headboard here, too.

For years, I had a double bed with no headboard. But, I was inundated with old pallet wood and an old IKEA Billy bookcase we'd taken down.

So, I'll show you how I did it.

I cut one of the sides of our old Billy bookcase into strips to use as a large flat surface and lined them all up.

NOTE: If you have large, thick, rectangular piece of wood to attach your pallet wood to, then even better. I just used what I had.

I then found centre and screwed a straight piece of wood inline with it. This would act as a straight line for my pallet wood to go upto and also, temporarily keep the bookcase strips together.

Then, after cutting lots of mitred ends in some pallet, I glued and nailed each piece on the board.

After one side was done, I removed the straight edge and added pallet strips on the other side.

Then trimmed it all down to the same size as my Billy bookcase strips to create a rectangle shape and belt sanded everywhere to remove splinters.

I also cut some French cleats from offcuts of thick wood and screwed two pieces on the back and their matching pieces to the wall .

Then I painted each strip with different tester paint pots I had, clear waxed to seal and screwed some trim around the side edges and it was ready to use :)

15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
The Carpenter's Daughter

• D Kunkel
    D Kunkel

The hard part is getting the pallets apart. Any tips on doing that?

• Pat
      Pat

Try using a jigsaw to cut the nails that are holding them on baseboard.