Tab Top Curtain Transformation

$30

I never really liked the way that the window treatments in our family room looked. They are a basic pair of plain semi-sheer tab top curtains. I figured there must be something I could diy to make them a bit more playful for the kids but also keep the look minimal and relaxing for the adults. I think the folded over ruffle and the cute Pom Pom trim are the perfect touches and add just the right amount of interest to these once plain curtains.

For this simple and quick diy all you will need is a pair of plain curtains long enough to allow for a folded over ruffle, some decorative Pom Pom trim, pins, curtain clip rings and a sewing machine or needle and thread.

Step One

Begin by cutting off the curtain tabs.

Step Two

To make a pretty and more polished looking edge fold your fabric over 1/2” and then over again 1/2”. I like to press mine with an iron and pin in place. Keep in mind that this is the part that will be folded over so you want to fold the hem on the “wrong” side of the curtains.

Step Three

Pin and and sew on the Pom Pom trim. Be mindful of the side of the curtain you are sewing them on to. I did not want the band of the trim visible so I made sure to double check that when I folded the top of the curtain over it was on the correct side.

Step Four

Fold over the top portion of the curtain to your desired length, clip the curtain rings on and your curtains are ready to hang!

How adorable! I love the playfulness the little pompoms add to these curtains.

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!

• Trudy
    Trudy

You are correct, they are adorable!, but not too fussy, ingenious fold over technique with the added pompoms.

• Joan Stanley
    Joan Stanley

I did something similar with curtains from another house but instead of the fold over valance, I used miniature pink roses attached to each clip, for my daughter's room. It was so easy and dressed her room up so very much.