Organize Your Spice Drawer With This DIY

$0
Advanced

I’ve been wanting to organize my spice drawer and build a spice holder for a while but avoided this DIY because of the complicated angles and math. But I decided to let go of precision and learn as I went along. Here's how i made out!

First, I decided on the length by measuring how much space I wanted my spices to take up in my drawer. I wanted to leave some room for tea and coffee.

For the height, I measured my spice containers and added about a quarter inch. This is because the spices will rest on an angle and take up more room. I’m sure there is a mathematical equation to calculate this difference but my estimate worked out fine. I had some scrap ply that was close to the height I wanted so that saved me a cut.

I used scrap 2x2’s for the supports. I cut the ends at 22.5 degree angle with my mitre saw. 

To further avoid math, I cut the height of the supports by resting my plywood on the workbench and marking the point where the support would hit the drawer bottom. 

I cut two for each piece of plywood.

I used wood glue and clamped them to dry. Don’t glue your supports eight to the edge of you plywood, leave a small space for your backing.

After the supports were dry I cut more scrap plywood to the right length and attached it to the supports with glue and clamps. This is the backing for the spices to rest on.

After they had fully dried I gave each piece a light sand.

I placed them in my drawer along with some new baskets for instant organization.

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

• Carole White
    Carole White

Wish I had a extra drawer to do this! Great solution, thanks for sharing!

• Leatha
    Leatha

Yes I wish I had another drawer to do this project but one drawer is all I have in my kitchen.