How to Paint Wood Beads Without Getting Paint All Over Your Hands!

4 materials
$3

Hey, all my crafty friends!

A viewer recently asked, "How can I paint wood beads without getting paint all over my hands?" Well, as you all know I had that problem in the beginning. I had to find a way to paint my beads without looking like I was attacked by the paint. So...I made this little contraption to help with that problem. If you have any questions please leave them in the comments, I read and reply to all my comments.

Watch Video for Full Tutorial.
Step 1. Scrap 1x4.

I found a 1x4 in my scrap pile that was the perfect size, so I didn't have to cut it down. If you do need to cut it down just make sure it's large enough to hold enough beads.

Step 2. Glue Floral Foam to Board.

I got this floral foam from Dollar Tree and it fit on the 1x4 perfectly. I add hot glue and pressed the foam down.

Step 3. Insert Skewers.

I use skewers from Dollar Tree and just push them into the floral foam. You can use dowels or sticks also.

Step 4. String and Attach Beads.

I first tie one end of my beading string to a dowel. I then string my beads onto the string and attach the string to the other dowel.

Step 5. Paint Beads.

Take the board outdoors and spray paint the beads the color of your choice. Leave the beds outdoors until dry.

Step 6. Remove Beads.

Once the beads have dried simply cut the ends of the string and remove the beads.

I have used this method on several of my bead projects.

Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

3 of 5 comments
Next