Turn Your Wire Basket Into a Flower Pot

$10

So this past fall I decided to try to turn an everyday item into a flower pot. I choose my wire basket because it screams of summer and fall to me. Instead of carrying my garden vegetables it now held my mums!

Materials Needed

All you need is 4 items!

Wire Basket

Landscape Fabric

Potting Soil

Annuals

Locate a Temporary Flower Pot

So I wanted to incorporate a rustic farm look into my porch decorations this year. In previous years, I filled this wire basket with pumpkins or mini pumpkins. This year, I decided to see if it could work as a flower pot. It was a total spur of the moment, I'm not sure 'why' it wouldn't work idea.

Cut a Large Piece of Landscape Fabric

Make sure your landscape fabric piece is big enough for a double layer. Then smash it inside and push to the edges. Make sure to cover the sides and not over the top. You will not want to see the fabric later and want it to blend in with the soil.

Add Soil

Dump your potting soil in the basket.

Add your annuals

Dig little holes for your plants. Water the soil in preparation and then add your annuals! The landscape fabric keeps the soil in but the water can escape so you do not get root rot. I loved how unique the 'flower pot' ended up!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
MTB Home Living