Simple DIY Wood Tray for Beginners

$20

Wood trays are a versatile home decor piece that can quickly made. This simple wood tray is made with wood glue and can be done in just an afternoon!

Supplies

The wood tray will require some basic tools and minimal work. The is a great beginner DIY project.

https://citygirlmeetsfarmboy.com/how-to-make-a-wood-tray-with-wood-glue/

Cut Your Wood

If you do not want to use The Home Depot to cut your boards, go ahead and measure, make your lines, and use your circular saw to make the cuts.

• 24 inches (3)
  • 10.5 inches (2)
Sand Your Wood

I like to sand my pieces before I glue them together. You can do this after you glue, but I tend to like the rounded edges on the tray better than flush edges.

Glue Your Wood

You will add a small line of  Krazy Glue near the top edge of one of the two foot boards. Then repeat this step to the next board. Finally clamp them together. The reason to add the glue to the top of the wood is so it can run down through the wood slats. Let these cure for 5-10 minutes.

Clamp Your Wood

Now you will glue the top pieces on. Add the clamps and let cure for 5-10 minutes.

Paint Your Wood

You can stain your board, paint it, or just seal it. I chose to spray paint mine white. I used  Marshmallow by ColorShot.

Add Your Handles

You will now add your handles. Measure where you would like them and add your screws. This is super simple to do!

All Finished!

Now the tray is all done and you get to decorate! This is the fun part for sure. Add all the fun things you can find! I love a center point and smaller items to the side. Then stand back and be so proud of your work!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Citygirlmeetsfarmboy

To see more: https://citygirlmeetsfarmboy.com/how-to-make-a-wood-tray-with-wood-glue/

• Kim
    Kim

Very nicely done. I was trying to do something similar. I’m inspired. Thank you for sharing.

• Lynne
    Lynne

lovely job!! i am going to try one of these for mu daughter, and thanks.