Embroidered Canvas Line Art

$10

Turn on your favourite movie, put up your feet, and make yourself a cute embroidered art piece! This one will be going in our nursery, but the patterns are endless and would make for a great homemade gift as well.

Supplies

All these supplies were available at our local dollar store!

• Canvas
  • Embroidery thread
  • Embroidery needle

You will also need:

• An image printed out that you'll embroider
  • Masking tape
Template image/pattern

This is the image that I thought was really cute for our nursery. I changed the shape of the scarf a bit, but that's it.

Tape the image onto the center of the canvas.

**Optional: Paint the canvas prior to this if you don't want a white background or would like a pattern in the background.

Poke the holes

Go around the shape of your pattern with a needle and poke holes where you'll be stitching.

Remove the template
Pick your thread

I use "markup" a lot on my phone to picture what colours to use my projects. I decided on a black outline for the rabbit and some pastels for the flower and scarf.

Embroider- back stitch

Use a back stitch to go around and embroider your image.

I was so shocked at how long this took just to do the outlines! I think it would've looked cute to fill in the bunny's scarf and flower with more thread, but I was ready for bed when I got to this point. ;)

Done!

Enjoy your new art piece! I think I might add a border to this one yet for more colour. What do you think?

For more ideas and ongoing projects, follow along on Instagram and Facebook!

Insta: @farmhouse.ongunnshill

Facebook: Lauren Ann Design

~Lauren 

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

Awww, so sweet, such a lovely idea

• Fee Miriam Rosenfeltz
    Fee Miriam Rosenfeltz

How gorgeous, what a lovely nursery idea....and since you embroidered this on art canvas you could always use some acrylic paints, diluted with water, to give a watercolour effect on and round the cute bunny, if you fancied more colour (much quicker than embroidery!)