Christmas Village Shelf Decor

$50

I love shelves. Is that a weird thing to say? They just add so much dimension and life to walls! And when you decorate shelves for Christmas? Oh goodness, the whole house just feels extra cozy

It wasn’t more than a few days ago I told Travis we needed to add another shelf above our new table (which I’m still absolutely smitten with) and his response, “Really Eryn? Another shelf?” 

Why yes please. 

I understand they aren’t fun to dust. 

But just put them slightly above eye level and forget there’s dust until you go to change out the decor. Then give it a good cleaning and forget about it again for a few months. Easy peasy!

Now that I’ve helped you overcome that little issue. Let’s continue with how to make those shelves shine! 

CHRISTMAS SHELF DECOR

You’ll need just a few things to make a beautifully designed shelf. You might even have everything already!

You'll need:

HOW TO DECORATE SHELVES FOR CHRISTMAS 

Gather the above mentioned items and start out with the houses. For me, I loved having the visual of the larger houses on one side, and tapering down to the smaller houses.

Once the houses are up I went back and did the same thing with the trees. Starting with the larger ones with the larger houses, and tapering down.

Once you’ve stood back and decided it looks good, go in with the twinkle lights. I love  these ones  that come with a remote. Such a help for shelves that are high and then you don’t have part of the cord dangling off the shelf.

After the lights are added, go over them with the snow, weaving back and forth between the houses and trees for a very natural look. You can use any kind of snow here. I went with mini feather boas for a fluffy look and then covered up the lights just enough but let the glow shine through!

Top it off with a garland. I made this one from beads and jute, and attached it with command strips

That’s it! A very easy way to decorate shelves for Christmas that creates a beautiful glow in any part of your home.

How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Eryn | Eryn Whalen Online