Wine Glasses Christmas Candle Holders

$2

I bet you have plenty of wine glasses that could be used for this fun project – wine glass Christmas candle holders. And what a great way to upcycle some of those old glasses that don’t get any use. I think the idea is so cute and looks amazing on the dining table as a Christmas winter centerpiece. You can customize the insides of the glass as you like and tell winter magic stories. It could be full of flowers, or snow, or different animal scenes… The sky is the limit!

You can find a full tutorial at If Only April blog here or watch a video on YouTube!

Join my new "Christmas with April" series!

Using a pen, trace a circle on the paper from the top of the glass.

Pour some mod podge on the plate and cover half of the side of the glass with it. Dip the wine glass in Epsom salt and sprinkle on top to make sure it’s fully covered.

Take your miniature items and glue them to the paper circle to create a winter scene

Take 1/4 cup of a mix of Epsom salt and regular salt. I felt that when you mix them up it becomes more textured and more realistic than if you’d just add only one type of salt.

Pour a mixture of Epsom salt and regular salt into your wine glass.

Use a hot glue gun and carefully glue the paper circle with a scene to the wine glass.

Turn upside down and enjoy the magic!

Go to If Only April for more details and more aesthetic Christmas DIY's

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
April

• Angela
    Angela

I love these candle holders! where do you buy the little bear? thanks for your answer and Merry Christmas!

• Linda
      Linda

you might be able to find them at JoAnn's as well

• Robin
    Robin

Magical!! Something new & elegant - and changeable with the seasons if you use temporary paint as “snow”. OMG you’ve got me thinking😂😂. Thanks for sharing!

• April
      April

Haha that sounds fantastic!! I also thought about making this into a “year round” thing😄

• Kerry
    Kerry

I am going to do this! I already visited the Dollar Tree and picked up some wine glasses.

• April
      April

Yay!! That’s exciting! Share with me what you’ll make :)

• Melissa
    Melissa

I enjoyed your inspiration (thank your DIY Sidekick too). I wanted to mention I tried clicking on your Pocket Time hyperlink and it shows an error page. I was interested in what Pocket Time is you are referring to. Can you explain?

• April
      April

hi Melissa! Thank you 😊

what pocket time hyper link do you mean? I tried to find it here on this post on Hometalk but can’t find any :-/