How to Make a Pumpkin Centerpiece

$20

I know…another pumpkin centerpiece, right? Pumpkin centerpieces might be all over the internet, but I have only made one once before! A white pumpkin of this size spotted on the shelves at Target for just $10 meant it was coming home with me. I would love to have you stop by my blog , Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

In addition to giving you measurements, I thought I would just take a photo of this pumpkin with my hand on it. It is about 13″ across by 7 ” high.  Many pumpkin arrangements require you to cut a hole in the pumpkin, be it real or artificial. The problem with doing that is you have basically given your faux pumpkin only one possible use. With real pumpkins, you only have so long to enjoy it until the pumpkin starts to rot, and is likely to attract fruit flies, even while the flowers stay fresh.  

Using an artificial pumpkin and a couple of pieces of dry floral foam would be the solution for me. 

Use several pieces of waterproof floral tape to secure those pieces of dry floral foam to the top of the pumpkin. 

Make sure you add a little insurance to the ends of the tape with a cross piece as shown above. 

Use a variety of fall leaf pics like this one. 

Cut the picks into small pieces like these so you can add them to the foam.

Simply push the stems of the leaves into the foam as shown above. 

Use the your largest leaves first, all around the pumpkin, bending them down so they lay against the sides of the pumpkin.

Begin adding smaller leaves above and between the larger ones. 

Continue adding leaves and fall leaf picks (some of mine had tiny pumpkins and berries) up and toward the center until all of the floral foam is covered. 

You can leave your pumpkin arrangement with just leaves or do as I did and add some faux flowers. I selected some blooms that almost look like they are dried.  

My final step was to loosely wrap a vine of faux bittersweet around my pumpkin. 

I painted a lot of my faux pumpkins this year to give them a more natural look, but I liked the stark white of this one against the vibrant fall colors in my arrangement.  

Perhaps you will create a lovely pumpkin centerpiece like this one to dress your Thanksgiving table. Now, please take the tour!  Visit these other amazing blogs and see how they are sharing the Thanksgiving spirit.  For more of my crafty seasonal decor projects stop by   Celebrate & Decorate.

12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Chloe Crabtree