Felt Gnome Wine Bottle Topper (No Sewing!)

$4

My easy gnome wine bottle topper is the perfect way to give a bottle of wine as a gift, or to decorate your bar at home.

I absolutely love these cute little felt gnomes. I didn't realize it was so easy to make them! Just follow the instructions below. The only pattern you need is for the hat (get it on the full tutorial on my website). Super easy!

Even if you're not giving wine as a gift, put these cute toppers on a bottle you have at home for a Scandinavian Christmas decoration in your home.

Supplies
  • Thick Yarn, Grey
  • Free Gnome Hat pattern
  • Felt in color of your choosing
  • Fabric Scissors
  • Wood ball, solid unfinished, ¾” diameter
  • Small decorative craft button in coordinating color
  • Hot glue gun with clear glue sticks
  • Ruler
Cut Out the Hat and Prepare for Beard
  • Print out the gnome hat pattern. Place the pattern on top of the felt sheet and cut along the solid line.
  • Cut an 18” long strand of yarn.
  • Continue cutting additional strands (you will need approximately 30 strands per wine bottle gnome).
  • Apply a dab of glue to the felt hat about 2” from the side along the curved edge. 
Glue Beard On
  • Press the middle of one strand of yarn into the glue.
  • Continue gluing the remaining yarn strands in a row (towards the straight edge of the hat) that measures 4” across.
  • For any remaining strands, glue them over top of the strands that have already been glued down.
Fold Beard Over
  • Fold over the loose ends of the yarn away from the felt hat. 
Add Hat
  • Next, fold the one corner of the felt hat inwards. Then wrap the felt into a cone-shaped gnome hat.
  • Glue the overlapping edges of the felt cone-shaped hat to hold in place. 
Add Button
  • Glue the decorative button to the top of the hat at the overlapping point.
Add Nose
  • Center one wood ball in the middle of the yarn, just below the edge of the hat and glue in place. 
  • Trim any really long and uneven yarn ends.
More Felt Christmas Crafts

If you liked this, you'll love my Scandinavian felt Christmas trees (also no sew)!

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Single Girl's DIY

• Elumin
    Elumin

I don't have a printer. What is your susggestion on how to get your free pattern?

• Single Girl's DIY
      Single Girl's DIY

The pattern is a very large half circle. You could draw it on your own if needed to be somewhat similar.

• Marie
    Marie

why didn't you show the finished product on the bottle? I would have liked to see it, because it's a good idea!

• Marie
      Marie

I apologize, I didn't realize there was a bottle underneath or that the gnome covered the entire bottle. I should have going by the hand beside the gnome. Thanks for answering. I really like it!

• Cindy Atkinson Pearson
    Cindy Atkinson Pearson

I saw this comment but why don't you tell crafters who don't have printers now big the gnome felt that is.😢