Even if you're not giving wine as a gift, put these cute toppers on a bottle you have at home for a Scandinavian Christmas decoration in your home.
Felt Gnome Wine Bottle Topper (No Sewing!)
My easy gnome wine bottle topper is the perfect way to give a bottle of wine as a gift, or to decorate your bar at home.
I absolutely love these cute little felt gnomes. I didn't realize it was so easy to make them! Just follow the instructions below. The only pattern you need is for the hat (get it on the full tutorial on my website). Super easy!
- Thick Yarn, Grey
- Free Gnome Hat pattern
- Felt in color of your choosing
- Fabric Scissors
- Wood ball, solid unfinished, ¾” diameter
- Small decorative craft button in coordinating color
- Hot glue gun with clear glue sticks
- Print out the gnome hat pattern. Place the pattern on top of the felt sheet and cut along the solid line.
- Cut an 18” long strand of yarn.
- Continue cutting additional strands (you will need approximately 30 strands per wine bottle gnome).
- Apply a dab of glue to the felt hat about 2” from the side along the curved edge.
- Press the middle of one strand of yarn into the glue.
- Continue gluing the remaining yarn strands in a row (towards the straight edge of the hat) that measures 4” across.
- For any remaining strands, glue them over top of the strands that have already been glued down.
- Fold over the loose ends of the yarn away from the felt hat.
- Next, fold the one corner of the felt hat inwards. Then wrap the felt into a cone-shaped gnome hat.
- Glue the overlapping edges of the felt cone-shaped hat to hold in place.
- Glue the decorative button to the top of the hat at the overlapping point.
- Center one wood ball in the middle of the yarn, just below the edge of the hat and glue in place.
- Trim any really long and uneven yarn ends.
If you liked this, you'll love my Scandinavian felt Christmas trees (also no sew)!
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go