DIY Coat Hooks for More Order in the House

$20

Everywhere in the house where chaos does not arise again and again, a solution to an order problem is probably still missing. For me it's the laundry room behind my kitchen, where a mess of shopping bags, rucksacks and umbrellas keeps forming. When I happened to find super nice stone hanging buttons in the decoration store recently, I had to use them to build a couple of coat hooks.

As a base I had a board sawed in half so that they fit perfectly into the small niche next to the doors.

Then measure the position for the wall hooks and draw them on the wood.

Now you drill the holes for the hooks in the board. Make sure that the drill bit is as thick as the screws on the wall hooks.

Since the screws of the wall hooks are usually quite long and would protrude a bit on the back, you mark the point on the screw of the hook that protrudes and simply saw it off with the hacksaw.

So that the nut, as the attachment of the stone hook on the back, disappears nicely into the wood, you next expand the drill hole on the back with a countersink bit. The hole on the back has to be a little bigger than the nut so that you can still tighten it around the screw.

Then paint the boards. I decided on a slightly transparent blue paint. So you can still see the wood grain through a bit. Let the paint dry well and don't forget to paint the top and bottom edges as well as the sides.

Then nail the picture hooks to the back of the boards at the top of the edge.

And then the coat hooks can also be mounted on the wall with the hooks and dowels.

Finished.

Finished.

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Josephine

1 comment
  • Flipturn
    Flipturn

These knobs may be fine for hanging thin straps from umbrellas and bags, as shown in the picture, but the shanks do not look like they would be deep enough for thicker items such as jackets or coats to stay hung up without slipping off.