How to repair peeling paint on white corian countertop?

+6

hi... I removed waterproof tape from my corian countertop and peeled the paint of my corian. what should i do to repair/fix it?

q how to repair peeling paint on white corian countertop
  • Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Nov 12, 2020

Hi there, so sorry to hear that. Hopefully this video will help you fix your corian countertop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmtI5YdKAPE

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Nov 12, 2020

Hello there,

Rub the edge down and touch up the paint, or Put another piece of tape down that covers the area, or add a trim with double sided tape. Best wishes!

Hi Aini, so sorry to hear that. This video tutorial will help you fix the peeling paint on your corian countertop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmtI5YdKAPE

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Nov 12, 2020

You might be able to sand it down with fine grit sand paper-220- and then prime and repaint. Let everything dry really well, hopefully your sanding will blend in the edges where the paint remains.

You can paint Corian, but it is not a permanent solution and will wear down.

Also you could give Corian a call and ask them what to do.

• You will have to sand and repaint that area. Be sure to 'feather' the edges to get it to blend in well.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Nov 12, 2020

Hello. I had corion for two years only a brief exposure. Mine was a solid surface. I might suggest calling the manufacturer directly for their advice.

• Dee Dee on Nov 12, 2020

I would sand it down with 1200 grit paper. It will smooth it out without leaving marks. I got my 1200 grit at Ace Hardware

• Mogie Mogie on Nov 12, 2020

Rustoleum and Gianni both have counter top restoration kits,that many have used and had success with.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Nov 30, 2020

just send it of with high number grit paper and repaint again