How to Brighten up a Chair With Paint Pens

$5

I was looking to brighten up a few wooden chairs that seemed a bit tired and can’t resist adding some colour and florals.

Any excuse for a creative doodle expression we all know is. So good for our mental health as well as transforming furniture !

I choose to use simple method of acrylic paint pens which are so easy and fun to use especially they are far less messy than brushes and paint pots!

Chair ready to paint
Start painting outlines

I always like to use a black pen as outlines crisp up a design and it’s fun to colour in the sections too.

I decide on a tiles look around seat frame.

Outline
Draw flowers

The idea of flowers came to me and begin drawing circles and then go around evenly with petals in mandala design. The fun part is not knowing how it will work out and just go with the flow . You can of course use a template to make it more precise.

Draw flowers
Floral design
Choosing colour palette

The decision on which colours to use in your design is a fun dilemma! I went with pink yellow orange and white.

Painting colour

I keep in adding some touches and colour onto back rear of the chair and legs until all seems to balance and as always the trick is to know when to stop painting!

it dries within minutes and you could put a coat of spray clear varnish over the designs if you wanted to.

now I have a cheerful chair which brings joy each time I see it! Now on to the next chair project design ....

Adding design to a chair
Adding design to a chair
Adding design to a chair

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids

• Amy
    Amy

It looks outdoors...did you spray a clear coat over? I am unsure how acrylics hold up when wet...

• Susan Goode
      Susan Goode

I used outdoor light to photograph so these chairs are not made for use outdoors in wet weathers without a protective coat to seal .