- I used a piece of cardboard. You could you foam board.
- I placed the mug I wanted the topper to fit on and outlined it using a pencil.
How to Create a Whipped Cream Topper Using Dollar Tree Caulk
I have been seeing all these cute little toppers for mugs. I've seen (and tried) the marshmallow topper so I thought I would try a Whipped Cream topper.
- I cut around the outline. I cut just inside of the line.
- I used a large styrofoam ball from Dollar Tree and cut it in half.
- This will be the center of the Whipped Cream.
- I hot glued the styrofoam half to the cardboard base.
- You could use white glue or Mod Podge if you don't have a hot glue gun.
- I used a tube of caulk I had gotten from Dollar Tree.
- I cut the tip at an angle and then started applying it to the styrofoam and base.
- I applied it like I was frosting a cupcake.
- I cut a paper straw down to fit and pushed it into the styrofoam ball.
- I then sprinkled the Whipped Cream with red and green glitter and red and green tubes from Dollar Tree.
- I sat the Whipped Cream to the side for a couple of days to let it dry.
- Once it was dry enough to handle I placed it on top of my mug.
This project was so much easier than the marshmallows I tried to make! And I think it turned out amazing!
Join my community to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers
My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.
Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go