Repurposed vintage screen door

$10

I took a screen door saved from my great grandfather's old house and reused it as a laundry/mud room door.
I pulled all the old nails out and took off the old screen, then sanded and painted the door grey -- Walmart Colorplace Grand Smoky Mountain. I then sanded lightly and rubbed on a walnut water-based stain to really make it look like the old wood. Dark wax would also work.
I then cut square chicken wire to cover the back instead of using screen. I stapled that on the back of the entire door.
I covered about 2/3 down with burlap, also stapled on, and left the bottom uncovered as the air intake for the heat pump is in that room, plus I didn't want it to be too monochromatic. I covered the staples on the back of the door with a 1" wide strip of thin trim wood, also stapled.
We hung the door with hinges where the old door was taken out, and I attached an old handle.

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Anita D

• Teresa
    Teresa

This is really a great use of your great grandfather's door. Way to keep him around!

• White Oak Studio Designs
    White Oak Studio Designs

Love what you have done with your old screen door! This is what I did with the one I rescued off the roadside... I painted it green and hung it on the back of my pool shack as "decor. "
    Donna at the Small House Big Sky Hometead.