Asked on Nov 12, 2020

How can I get rid of cat liter stains out of linoleum floor?

Cynthia HMogieKathy Gunter Law
+9

I found some what it appears to be cat liter stain spots on my bathroom floor and can't seem to get rid of it. Any suggestions on how I can get them out? Thanks!

• Try mixing a little borax in a bucket of water and wash the floor.

Betsy

Hi Gre: Try pouring some hydrogen peroxide on the stain and let it sit for about 30 seconds and then wipe the stain. If stain is still there, cover it with an absorbent pad soaked in rubbing alcohol. Let it remain in place for 5 minutes, then wipe the area with soap and water.

Don't use ammonia on linoleum or vinyl floor tile.

Also, check this site for more information:

https://findanyanswer.com/how-do-you-get-old-stains-out-of-linoleum

Good luck

• Gre31261472
    Gre31261472

I could be wrong about the floor being linoleum. It just could be vinyl. It's the bathroom floor. The cat liter stains are set in the floor and I was trying to figure out how I can get the stains out. Thanks!

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

It is probably not reversible, so sorry,kitty litter does this. You could try the above suggestions, it may come down to replanting the linoleum. Give them a chance, nothing to loose.

William

Make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda (mayonnaise consistency). Place it on the stain and let it sit till it dries. Wipe off with damp paper towels.

• I would paint over all the linoleum. There are a ton of tutorials on here to try!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

soak with white vinegar. Then add baking soda for scrubbing. Mop up with hot water.

• Mogie
    Mogie

Saturate any stains on the linoleum with full-strength white vinegar. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes.

Wipe the vinegar with a cloth. If the stains are still noticeable, apply more vinegar and sprinkle a layer of baking soda on top of it. Allow it to sit for five minutes.

Scrub the stains with a damp sponge or scrub brush. Wipe the floor with a damp cloth or towel to remove any baking soda residue and dry it with a towel.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! When it happened to me, the stains wouldn't come out. If you still have a cat, I would suggest a large mat for under the litter box that traps the litter. We cat sit for our daughter from time to time, and her mat contains the litter. Stay safe!