Easily Make a Fall Wreath Out of a Pool Noodle

$30

Wreaths are such a perfect way to get into the spirit of the season. They’re beautiful and can add such a nice touch to any home. You’d be surprised, though, by how easily you can make one with materials you might already have lying around. In this tutorial, I’ll show how I turned an ordinary pool noodle into a lovely fall wreath.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Tools and materials:

• Pool noodle
  • Cable knit sweater
  • Duct tape
  • Hot glue gun
  • Greening pins
  • Fake pumpkins
  • Cotton stems
  • Dried grass
  • Wooden skewers
  • Dried oak leaves
Pool noodle wreath
Put the noodle together

The pool noodle I was using for this project came with a shark head. So the first thing I did was remove the shark head, then used the black piece that the shark head sat on to connect both sides of the noodle.

Pool noodle fall wreath
Dress the noodle

Next, I took a cable knit sweater that I had gotten at the thrift store and cut off the sleeves, starting by the neck of the sweater. This gave me as much as the sleeve as I could get. I then put each sleeve onto the pool noodle, with the cuffs of the sleeves meeting in the middle.

Pool noodle winter wreath
Secure the sweater

Moving the ends of the sleeves out of the way, I used duct tape to hold together the ends of the pool noodle. I then put the ends of the sweater sleeve back around the noodle, using some hot glue to secure the fabric to the noodle, especially where I had the tape. Then I used greening pins on different areas to make sure all the fabric was secure.

Pool noodle Christmas wreath
Add on the dried grass

Using the pins, I attached some dried grass on either side of the wreath by just sticking the pins onto the grass and through the noodle. I did this on the bottom of the wreath to hide the point where the sweater is glued down. 

DIY pool noodle wreath
Attach the pumpkins

Next, I grabbed some wooden skewers and poked them into the bottoms of plastic pumpkins. I added a little bit of glue, then stuck the pumpkins right into the noodle. I used different sized pumpkins and set them around the wreath as I saw fit. 

How to make a pool noodle wreath
Add the final touches

Lastly, I added some dried oak leaves as well as fake cotton stems to really bring the piece together. I made sure to add them specifically wherever there were holes in between the pumpkins. I just kept adding things until I was happy with the way it looked. 

Completed pool noodle wreath

I love the way this project turned out. It’s so pretty and perfect for the season. You would absolutely never know that under the sweater is a pool noodle! So next time you’re at the thrift store, be sure to look for a nice cable knit sweater to use for this project, and be sure to show me pictures of your wreaths! 

18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Holly Grace

• Dawn Renee' Lemons Freeman
    Dawn Renee' Lemons Freeman

I love this SO much!! It's beautiful!

• Christie Decker
    Christie Decker

I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to stain the front of my sweaters, leaving the sleeves in decent condition...I think this is a beautiful upcycle for that kind of sweater...going to have to try this at some point...Thank you!