DIY Organizer

$10

I don't know about you, but I 'm always bothered by those little things that don't have their own place and they just lay around the house EVERYWHERE! And I'm just sick from moving them from here to there. But!!! When you need them, they misteriously dissapear 😁 Well, I decided to make a place for them and help myself to be a little more organized. Sooo..may I share my litlle corner DIY organizer? Here it is!!!

Materials

Making this was very easy and inexpencive. Here is what I used:

1. 3 sheets of plywood ( about 35 x 6")
  2. 4 small wooden crates
  3. Stain
  4. Acrylic paint
  5. Stapler
  6. Wood glue
  7. Scrap plywood pieces

First thing to do was making the board. I used pieces of scrap plywood to connect my big plywood sheets by glueing them on the back of the board. I used wood glue.

As you may have noticed, I placed a coin between the plywood sheets, because I wanted to have that black line, to make it look like shiplap. So I glued on all my scrap wood and waited it to completely dry.

Next step was staining. Used oil based stain in the colour whalnut. Did just one quick coat.

While it was drying I painted the crates black. I just used black acrylic paint.

The assembling was also very easy. I just stapled my crates on the plywood board. I had 4, so i went with 2 on the bottom, right next to each other, and the other two above them on a different height. So I have three levels of shelfs on my organizer.

It is really light weight, so i just used little hooks to hang it, like you would hang a picture frame.

I styled it up a bit and it' s ready 😁

15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!

• David Potter
    David Potter

Where did you get the small wooden crates?

• Mary Jo
    Mary Jo

That’s a great idea, but where did you find the baskets? I’d really like to do this for several bathrooms so I hope you will answer soon! Thank you for the great idea!

• Emina Videkanić
      Emina Videkanić

Thank you 🙂 I bought those in a local family buissness. They make all kinds of wooden things.. But, originaly, I intended to make this with wire baskets. That would look very nice. You can find those on Amazon 🙂

• Mary Jo
    Mary Jo

Thank you for your quick reply. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your creative ideas, you’re amazing!

• Gail
    Gail

It's very cute styled. are you using it for display or actual organization.