DIY Christmas Lantern Ornaments

$2

I used these cute little lanterns for my Halloween tablescape and thought they would add an additional lovely glow to my Christmas tree. I would love to have you stop by my blog , Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

These little lanterns are sold in larger sets as favors or table decorations for parties or weddings. I bought a set of six of them.

A can of snow spray is the magic! This one came from the dollar store, it is temporary and can be washed off. If you want something permanent, you can find that on Amazon.

Give your little lanterns a coating of the spray snow, as much as you would like. this is one snowstorm that you get to control! 

Select a branch of icy looking holly leaves. 

Use wire cutters to snip the leaves off of the plastic stems. 

Select some faux evergreen picks. Use the wire cutters to trim the needles off of one side or the evergreen at the base as shown. This will make it easier to secure it to the top of the lantern.

Use hot glue to attach a holly leaf to the top of the lantern. 

Layer two more holly leaves to the top of your lantern one at a time with hot glue.

Use hot glue to attach the evergreen (doing so where you have trimmed the needles) to the holly leaves and add a couple of faux berries. 

Add a battery operated tea light and your lantern is ready to hang on your tree! To make it easy to light up your lanterns, get some tea lights that are operated with a remote and you can light them all at once, no matter where they are hanging on your tree! 

You can decorate these any way you would like, personalizing them, adding ribbon, etc. 

You have a collection of sweet little lanterns to decorate your tree! For more of my crafty seasonal decor projects stop by   Celebrate & Decorate.

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Chloe Crabtree