DIY Christmas Hoop Wreaths

$10

I wanted to go with a very simple, yet pretty Christmas this year. As much as I love seeing all the sparkle and colors of Christmas, I also love the more simple and natural feel of the season. I love wreaths, especially real ones or the faux cedar wreaths. The faux ones can really get expensive, so I decided to create some hoop wreaths with embroidery hoops, simple greenery picks, and lace.

For this project, I used embroidery hoops, floral wire, Christmas picks, and lace. I had the hoops and wire on hand; and found the picks at Joann's Fabrics.

I decided to stain my hoops for a darker color before adding the greenery. Before adding the greenery to the hoop, I slightly bent the stem portion to match the curve of the hoop.

Here you can see the difference after the curving of the stem.

I personally prefer to make my wreaths interchangeable; which is why I use wire verses glue. You can use whatever you prefer of course. :)

To attach the greenery to the hoop, I just twisted some wire around the branch and attached to the hoop.

Once my greenery was secure, I decided to add some lace. This helped cover a portion of the stem too.

I simply tied a knot over the base of the hoop/stem.

The lace not only adds a pretty touch, it also helps keep the greenery even more secure.

I wanted to hang my hoops from a wood stick; and I just so happen to have this driftwood I found on the beach!

I used twine to attach each hoop to the stick.

I really love how it all turned out! I added an open frame for a more finished look!

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!

1 comment