Colorful Fun Accent Wall

$50

I love accent walls. We recently moved into this home that mostly has gray walls but I am a color lover so I am slowly making this space my own.

I painted the whole dining room green to start.

I filled the built-ins with all my vintage goodies and knew I wanted a punch of something on the wall by the window.

I scoured Pinterest and I found it!

Inspo

I found this plant stem pattern by Orla Kiely and I wanted to try to recreate it on the wall.

Theres just something about this pattern that I’ve always loved so I went for it.

I made a makeshift cardboard stencil and traced the pattern along the wall trying to keep it as straight as possible and just eyeballed it.

You could make a stencil as well with a Cricut but I don’t have one and I tend to use what I have!

Here is a glance of how it looked with all my plant stems along the wall. I put a little dab of the color of paint as i wanted the colors to vary like my inspo. Then I could crank up the music and fill them all in without thinking which was which color wise. Now it was time to paint them!

I used assorted paints I already had on hand along with some cheap small paint brushes I had too. Some paints were latex, some were chalk paints.

I wanted to use mid century modern type colors as the pattern gives me those mcm vibes.

For the last step I took a sharpie water based paint pen and freehanded lines down the center of each “stem”

You can also see I have textured walls here. And yes it can be done on textured walls.

And here is the finished product.

I absolutely love it and it fits the vibe of my eclectic, and fun space.

You can find me on Instagram making silly stories and painting.

I also have the dining room wall saved to a highlight on there too.

Instagram.com/pickedandposhed

In the end it’s just paint and I can always paint over it down the road.

I hope I can inspire others to make their space their own.

Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper