Asked on Nov 19, 2020

How can I decorate for Thanksgiving with antique rose dishes?

Lindsay AratariCynthia HCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+15

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

They are a classic so just add some fall colored placemats and napkins. Then a fall centerpiece. Go elegant and minimal.

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

I would use solid napkins or chargers whatever you decide to use (charges are $1 at the dollar store and comes in all colors) use your fall floral or candles and enjoy the holiday

• I would keep it simple with a tablecloth to match and some candles.

• Redcatcec
    Redcatcec

A cream color table cloth or place-mats with mossy green napkins. Elegant carved crystal stemware. For a centerpiece, pine boughs and cream colored candles. A solid color charger plate to bring out the rose in the dishes.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hi,

No problem, Antique Roses for a Thanksgiving Meal, how wonderful! Decide on one of the colours to have as Tablecloth, Table centre, Candles etc. or go for Silver or Gold or Bronze! Have a wonderful time, but do be safe!

• Em
    Em

Antique rose as in color or pattern with roses on them? Make a middle of the table decoration with pumpkins and squash and some ivy entwined thru them. The plates don't have to match Thanksgiving. Use colored napkins and even glasses you get at the dollar store. Giving thanks is more important than plates.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Are the dishes rose colored (light pink) or do they have a rose pattern?

Do you want to use the dishes only for decor, or will you be actually using some of them for food serving during the meal?

Posting a picture of the dishes would enable us to instantly see what you have to work with.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello. Can you post a photo of your dishes? They might go nicely with copper colored decorations.......possibly linens.

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

Hi Debbie, hope this helps you with dinner and antique rose dishes.

20+ With Mom's Old Country Roses ideas - Pinterest

www.pinterest.com › amyjobelville › with-moms-old-cou...

... Roses tea set. Just stunning Royal Albert, Tea Sets Vintage ... Spring Table. a new look at old country roses china, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor Christmas ... Fall Dinner Party Ideas - Fall Entertaining Tips - Country Living ...

• Hi Debbie, you can scroll through some of these ideas for Thanksgiving for inspiration on using your antique rose dishes.

• Homeroad
    Homeroad

I would use the antique rose color in other places on your dining table. You can add candles, ribbons, and bows in that color to incorporate it into your decor.

• Janice
    Janice

If you have access to colorful fall leaves (or faux ones) they can be added to the table (on a runner) and place your beautiful antique dishes on the leaves. You could also add candles to antique saucers or bowls.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Hi Debbie, you can choose colors that compliment roses, like pinks or greens (leafy colors), or coppers, gold, brass, and silver! Hope this link helps you out, enjoys yoursellf and have fun with your decor!!

https://www.canva.com/colors/color-meanings/rose-red/

• Maura White
    Maura White

Use white pumpkins and bleached pinecones! That would look beautiful with antique rose!!

• I like the idea of using copper and also using white pumpkins.

• Here is an idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urbZxGzCbfM

I love the neutrals and natural elements!

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Hi! My rose dishes are my favorite dishes. I find they work well for any occasion by switching out the table linens and centerpiece. Enjoy them!

• Lindsay Aratari
    Lindsay Aratari
    12 minutes ago

Set the table with the plates