Christmas Wall Decor With LED Candles

$35

Easier than it looks Christmas wall decor with LED candles. Use this idea to bring holiday magic to an overlooked space behind a sofa or in a hallway.

Gather your supplies

The main components of this beautiful Christmas decor are embroidery hoops, LED candles, and clothespins.

Clip and LED candle to the center of each embroidery hoop.

Position the thumb screw of the embroidery hoop at the top, and clip an LED candle to the center of the hoop opposite the thumb screw.

Add floral picks, bows, flowers, pine cones, etc

Before you permanently attach with hot glue, work our your layouts using pine cones, bows, mini wreaths, floral picks and greenery.

Try more than one look

Before you move on to the hot glue, try more than one combination. The display will be more interesting if some hoops have more items, and some are more simple. Try some different combinations. Something you thought wouldn’t look great might just be the perfect combination.

Attach your decor

After determining the lay out you want, remove the candle, but be sure to save room for it when you permanently attach your decor using hot glue. If you are using longer stems, you might want to also twist the stem around the hoop as shown above.

Clamp the LED candle back on

When the glue has dried, clamp the LED candle back to it’s position on the hoop.

Add ribbon from which to hang the decor

Use1/2 inch wide ribbon by attaching it between the layers of the hoop at the thumb screw.

Attach to the wall

Cut heavy duty 3M contact strips in half length wise.

Attach 3M strip to clothes pin

Attach the cut 3M strip to a clothes pin, and attach these to the wall. Then clamp the ribbon with the clothes pin to secure the decor on the wall.

Stand back and Enjoy.

If you purchased LED lights with an automatic timer, set the timer to come on at twilight so the beautiful wall decor will be on and ready as nightfall arrives.

For all the details, like how high to hang these and what size hoops work the best, and which LED candles I chose, hop over to my blog here. I have also included more up-close photos of the completed project.

Thanks for reading. I really hope you enjoyed this idea, and I would love to hear what you think. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them in the question area below.

You can find another of my other Christmas DIY’s here.

See you soon,

Sondra

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Sondra

• Joan
    Joan

I live in an apartment. I have never used Command Strips for fear of damaging my plasterboard walls. Can you actually remove them without any damage?

In addition, it would be nice on these Hometalk projects, if one could know, for example, exactly which LED Candles were used. When one clicks on "Resources" for the project and "See More", you are taken to Amazon's website where there are many, many LED Candles, etc.

• Mimi Lafeurs
      Mimi Lafeurs

Command strips are made so they don’t damage walls. Test it somewhere in a hidden spot on your wall

• PeprmintPatti
    PeprmintPatti

If you hot glue the candle, how do you change out the battery?

• Sondra
      Sondra

Sorry that wasn’t more clear. Love your user name!! Merry Christmas.

• Dl.5660408
    Dl.5660408

Wow, it’s so beautiful 🙀🙀🙀

• Necia
    Necia

I just love this. I think I may try it at the end of my hall way for more light. Instead of Christmas decorations I may try some other kind or just change then out when Christmas is over. Again I just love this idea. Thanks so muh for sharing.

• Sondra
      Sondra

So happy you like the idea. I actually ordered a second set of hoops and picked out some winter white decorations and will put those up after Christmas for the remainder of the winter. I may even make an Easter/spring set.