Mountain Accent Wall

$40
1 Day

I created this mountain accent wall in my son's room using thin strips of wood lattice. I’ve never done an accent wall like this before so I wasn’t really sure where to start. The hardest part of this project was coming up with the design. I did a few rough sketches of the look I wanted then changed them as needed along the way. Once you get going though, things start moving a lot faster! For this project you'll need a chalk pencil, tape measure, speed square, level, Liquid Nails, and a nail gun.

I decided to start in the middle. I found the center of the wall between the window and the right wall, marked and just started building out from there.

Make sure all your lines are level along the way.

Here is the first peak drawn with a chalk pencil.

I just kind of eyeballed the other two peak heights. You can have as many as you want.

Here is a close up view of the wood lattice I used. It is from Lowe's and cost $5 each. I used eight of them.

Once I got the three main mountains up, I started playing around with the design of the rest of the boards and changing things as I went. I don’t feel like there is an exact science to this, just go with what looks good to you. I used Liquid Nails and a nail gun to attach the wood strips to the wall. Check for level again before nailing.

I repeated a lot of the same spacing measurements as I went to make things look cohesive. I also decided to add some horizontal lines just to break everything up a bit. I think it looks like the horizon and I love it.

I painted the trim the same color as the wall, Pine Mountain by Behr. It is a gorgeous dark sage green!

I couldn’t be happier with how this mountain accent wall turned out. With everything painted the same color, the mountains are just subtle enough to not be overwhelming.

• Wood lattice  (Lowe's)
  • Paint  (Home Depot)

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs