Asked on Nov 22, 2020

Add picture to answer ?

FlipturnBetsyRecreated Designs
+11

Hi ! I used to answer questions all the time , but have been busy for the past few months and took a break . I frequently answer question while on my tablet , but could use my phone to add a picture later on to the post. I was able to go to question and use the drop down and choose " answered " But that doesn't seem to be an option anymore...is there a way to add a picture at a later date to a question I already answered ? Thanks !

• Cheryl A
    Cheryl A

you would need to go back to your original post and edit it and add the photo then - hope this helps you out

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello yes you can edit the original post. Go back to the exact same post use the edit button and you can either change your typography or add a photograph. Hope this helps

• Vimarhonor
      Vimarhonor

Hello...maybe this can help. I can still see my questions answered.

See marked screenshot below.

1-Go to your profile....the circle with your icon or photo.

2-slide downwards to diy questions..second option

red circle

3- asked shows up as default option...

greenartow

click on that arrow and you can then see

answered.

4- from there search for your question you wish to readdress.

I hope this might help.

Looks the enhanced photo for a visual guide.

• Recreated Designs
    Recreated Designs

Hi Pamela, are you looking to add a picture to your answer or to a post you have previously posted? If a question/answer, there should be a little camera button below where you have answered so that you can add a photo from your photo gallery.

• Recreated Designs
      Recreated Designs

Oh, yes that would be easier. Can you do a search? If you search for your question topic at the top (in the search bar) it will not only bring up posts but any questions asked/answered on that topic as well. Hope you are able to find it!

Betsy

Hi Pamela: Next to your answer, on the upper right corner, there are 3 little dots. Left click on them and you will get a little menu. From there you can edit or delete your answer. Perhaps your phone/computer/tablet doesn't have all of the information you need. A friends phone doesn't let him do a lot of things his old phone did. So, maybe you have to use your computer to add pictures. The 3 dots should be there. I just checked my 'answered' questions and they were there, so it may just be your device.

Betsy

Oh, copy this in a new window: https://www.hometalk.com/ When you see your picture in the upper right corner, click on it. Then, on the left, you will see 'DIY Questions', click on that. You will see 'Asked', put your cursor on that and it will say 'asked and answered'. Click on 'Answered', and just your answers will come up. Hope this helped.

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

How old or new is your phone? Is it older than your tablet?

It may be that the operating system you have on your phone either no longer supports the Hometalk website new features, or perhaps it just needs to be updated so that all the icons and drop down menus appear on your screen.

I would suggest that you contact the webmaster directly with your technical question.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page, and click on where it says Support.