Bi-Fold Door Turned Barn Door

$20

I have ALWAYS wanted a barn door somewhere in our home, but we don't have enough wall space. That is when I decided if I could have a real one, I'd turn our pantry door in to one! It was a super simple project that cost me less than $20!

The first thing that you'll need to do is take the bi-fold doors off of the track.

Unscrew the hinges

flip the doors over so that the paneled side is now on going to be on the back, screw the hinges back on that side.

At Lowe's or Home Depot, buy a piece of thin paneling. Mine cost around $10. Ask them to cut it into 5 inch strips.

Take your bi-fold doors and lay them flat side up on a table or saw horses.

Use liquid nails to attach the strips of paneling (you'll need to cut them to the correct length of your doors)

Cut smaller strips for the top and bottom trim, attach with Liquid Nails

Let dry overnight.

The next day, hang your bifold doors back up.

If you want to, use paintable caulk where the edges of your paneling meet the door for a more seamless look.

Paint your doors whichever color that you'd like (I used white chalk paint that I had on hand)

Attach the hardware. It is important that the hardware is horizontal and not vertical, I found that it was very hard to open when installed vertically and had to switch it.

Ta Da! A faux barn door!

25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CH8jfAHnco1/