Super Easy 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Ornaments

$5

Super easy, 3 ingredient, homemade cinnamon Christmas ornaments. A great DIY craft to make with your kids or grandkids.

Finished cinnamon ornaments waiting to be strung!

Ingredients

1 cup ground cinnamon

3 tablespoons white school glue

3/4 cup applesauce

Directions:

Mix applesauce, glue and cinnamon in a bowl, use a spatula to be sure to get all of the ingredients from the side and bottom of the bowl. Once mixed gather the dough into a ball and knead on your work surface for a few minutes.

Sprinkle your work surface with a little cinnamon and roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut out your favorite shapes.

Place the cookie/ornaments on a parchment lined baking pan. Poke a hole in the top with a skewer or a straw.Let ornaments sit for 24-48 hours to dry, turn occasionally to help them dry faster. Alternately, you can bake the ornaments at 200F for 2 hours.

One the ornaments are dry or cooled from baking they are ready to be hung. Simply cut lengths of twine to the desired length, poke the twine through the hole that you made before the cookies dried, tie the two ends together and they are ready

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Pinecones & Acorns Blog

• Shawna
    Shawna

I've seen this before but didn't include glue. What's the purpose of the glue in this recipe? Does it help keep them together? I haven't tried the other recipe yet so I'm not sure if it works or not. Thank you!!

• Lise Desbiens
    Lise Desbiens

just wondering why the applesauce. you would not be able to keep the ornaments long term

• Patricia
      Patricia

I have some that my son and I made 30 years ago. They are just as dirty and they smell just as wonderful as they did 30 years ago. They don’t become rancid or anything. You don’t need the glue, either.

• Andrea Weissent
    Andrea Weissent

is it possible to use mod podge, in substitute for the glue

• I did these with my children and Home DayCare for years, another CUTE addition is to thin down white paint (in the form of icing) place into a small plastic bottle (easier to handle) with a cap that has a tip on it, squeeze bottle of (paint) icing to decorate your ornament

• Patricia
    Patricia

We have been making these for about 30 years, but we don’t put glue in it. Just the applesauce and cinnamon and a little bit of vanilla. Don’t need the glue. If you use the right proportions with the cinnamon and applesauce, it works perfectly! This