Water Damage to Trendy Metal Wall

$8

Recently hurricane Zeta decided to hit the coast of Long Beach and leave us with a leaky roof. I was able to have contractor out and have the roof repaired and patio cover repaired. This is the water damage was in the dining room. The problem was that it was Venere wood was glued down so it wasn’t budging. So I scraped off bubbled wood up and had to decided what to do.

Water damage

There was just to much damage to wood Vermeer. I had to decide how to conceal it. I could go to hardware store and buy another sheet of veneer or use something I had around here. Guess what I did?

Removed damaged wood

I had contemplated using dry wall mud to repair it as you can see it would take a lot of drywall mud and would take forever to patch and blend. I decided against this idea, because it would be two hard to blend in with the veneer texture.

Metal roof materials

I did have the roof repaired from storm and did have leftover metal roof sheet.

Adding metal to wall

Well, I pulled out leftovers and went to work. I measured the area I needed to cut. I used my everyday handsaw and cut the sheet to fit. Don’t forget to wear eye protection! I took screws and leveled it and attached it to the wall. Put back up art and added some driftwood art.

Finished wall

There you have it! This was a super easy fix!

Adding character to my bar!

I think it worked perfect to conceal the water damage. I used what I had around here. The hardest part was cutting the metal. I think it complements to wooden bar area and works perfect for the space. It adds character. Thank you and let me know what you think.

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

• Annie Jacobs
    Annie Jacobs

I love the idea of using what you have! I recently did the same thing along 1/2 my basement wall stair well with a cleaned up tin from an outbuilding on my property. I wish I had read this first- I used a hand tin snips- much harder - I was nervous to use a saw as I had never cut tried. Was it a skill saw?

• Ruth
      Ruth

Hi Annie, yes it was a Skil saw that I used to cut the tin. I too wish you had found this before you did it with tinsnips!