Mid Century Modern Dresser Getting a Makeover

$50

I came across this dresser on my local Facebook marketplace and knew I needed to purchase! Mid Century Modern Dressers are hot commodity and this one seemed to be in good shape of course other than the silver spray paint job. I of course knew I was going to free her from that paint.

Before

First I went ahead and sanded down the drawers with an electric orbital sander. I used 120/220/320 grit sandpaper.

Drawers all sanded down

Once the drawers were sanded down, I decided that I was going to paint the top and sides black to save time as they were already black i just gave it a light sanding and applied black paint. For that I used valspar furniture and cabinet enamel.

The top and sides were all done. I gave the bottom drawers new hardware which I put from Amazon.

The other drawers already had wooden pulls and were still silver...

Painting the pulls

I didn't want to leave them silver so I painted them black as well. That way I could also avoid having to use furniture stripper .

To enhance the wood grain on the drawers I stained them a walnut color.

Once it was all done I applied a polycrilyc clear coat to the drawers. It turned our great and my customer was happy with the outcome. If you like this transformation and would like to see real time tricks and tips follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!

• Mary Russell
    Mary Russell

Really like that wood.For my taste,would have prefered a less severe color than black,but since it was yours,glad you followed your heart.

• Elaine
    Elaine

It is beautiful. Have you thought about painting the legs black too? I think that would also look good.