How to Recycle Old Holiday Décor With Paint!

$20
1 Day

Every season there is a new trend but who has the money to buy all new Holiday decor year after year? Why not upgrade the stuff you already have with paint! Paint is my favorite tool in the old tool box

I had this cookie jar, nut cracker and Santa but they look so dated to me with all the colors. I like a lot of white in my decor. Plus we are a mixed family we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukah. I think you can do this easily if you eliminate most reds. Let me show you what I mean.

First I prepped all the items by cleaning off any dust and removing the hair and beard from the nutcracker. Then I used spray paint and went over each item twice.

Wouldn't you assume this cookie jar snowman was brand new?

Here is where you can tie Hanukah and Christmas together. White, gold and silver are traditionally Hanukah colors, so as long as you use that pallet you can have a little Santa man next to a blue nutcracker!

Let's move on to some outdoor decor. These little holiday statues are cute but looked so dated to me. Plus again I wasn't loving all the red.

I started off by giving them a little bath with a scrub brush and letting it dry.

Then I used exterior paint to do a coat, let that dry then went over again with the spray paint for a smooth finish.

I found 3 of these crates on the side of the road during bulk pick up! I didn't have a plan for them then but I knew I would think of something.

Gave this guy a bath too before using white sold staid to cover the wood.

I only did one coat because I liked the rustic look!

Then I used letter stickers as stencils! This is similar to the techniques I used on my cheese board (check out my pervious board for details on how).

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

LOVE THIS IDEA! Paint is magic and I really like your finished decorations ~ freshens and upgrades the whole holiday look!

Thank you for sharing AND inspiring!

• Vikki Jupin
    Vikki Jupin

Looks great. Especially the crate holding thr trees. Hiw ckever!