Basement Concession Stand

$650
Advanced

While finishing our basement we decided it would be a good idea to add a little concession area to our entertainment zone. Makes for a good space to play games and grab a snack.

First thing is to determine a good location and after opening up this stair wall this corner felt like a good space.

I continued to build the walls and drywall this corner section in to finish off the space as needed.

Drywall work was then completed by taping and using joint compound to finish the corners and seams.

Using pre-made cabinets I positioned everything into place to test fit. And completed using a birch butcher block top.

Feeling the space still needed a little more functionality we decided to add some seating by continuing the butcher block off of the corner and adding a few stools for seating.

It was now time to add the backsplash I completed this using subway tile. I precut a lot of the pieces to make installing quick and easy as you will see in this video.

Tile was complete so next step in this process was to grout in. Using a darker charcoal grout to compliment the white tile.

With the messy work out of the way I ran the palm sander over the countertop to clean it all up before staining and top coating using a dark wall nut stain

Add in the lights and appliances as well as a few baskets for snacks and you have your own concession stand to enjoy.

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized

• Sjensen
    Sjensen

I noticed that there is a space above your refrigerator. Why not make a toe kick similar to your cabinet that would move it up off the floor.

• Mike
      Mike

It was only an inch and half I tried it both ways and it looked weird too me not to mention it was a little more difficult to level. So I filled the gap with a 2x4 doing this also gave the countertop something to secure too. It is stained the same color as the top and blends right in.

• Sjensen
    Sjensen

That sounds like an awesome way. I can see that now. Thanks.