Dipped Wooden Tree Hoop Wreath

$10

I have a ton of scrap wood and am always looking for ways to use it. After thrifting an embroidery hoop recently, I thought I would make a Christmas wreath with small wooden trees.

I started with a scrap piece of 1/4" plywood and cut five triangle "trees", using the chop saw. I then sanded all of the edges smooth with a sanding block.

To prepare the paint dip, I filled a container 3/4 with water and spray painted the top of the water until there was a thin layer of paint on the top. I gently dipped the front of the wood block into the paint and laid them flat to dry. Repeat for each block. I had to add some more spray paint after doing three of them.

The result is a watercolor/tie dye effect.

I attached the 5 trees together in a layered fashion using hot glue. You could also use wood glue, but I like to have the option to re-use my wreaths so I usually use hot glue, so they can be taken apart.

Once the hot glue was set on the trees, I used hot glue to attach them to the sides of the hoop.

I added a plaid bow and hung on my front door!

Everything Red For Canada Day
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen