Rustic Farmhouse Pinecone Door Hanger DIY

$3

I recently picked up these pinecones at the local park and decided to make a rustic door hanger for the Holidays.

This is such a simple project to do.

All you need is 3 pinecones, some ribbon, and hot glue.

Step 1. Cut Ribbon.

• I used this buffalo check ribbon I got from Dollar General and cut it into 3 pieces at various sizes.

Step 2. Snowy Effect (Optional).

• I wanted to give the pinecones a snowy effect but this is optional you can leave them natural.
  • I used white chalk paint and the dry brush technique to apply the paint to the pinecones.

Step 4. Attach Pinecones to Ribbon.

• I used hot glue and pushed the ribbon down into the top of the pinecone.

Step 5. Attach Hanger.

• I needed a way to hang the ribbon so I used a ring from a Dollar Tree bell hanger.
  • I removed the ribbon, bells, and the string from the original door hanger.
  • I then glued the ribbon onto the hanger starting with the longest ribbon and working my way up. Placing each ribbon on top of the ribbon below it.

Step 5. Decorate the Hanger (Optional).

• I didn't like the look of the solid black hanger so I wrapped it with twine. Gluing the twine at each end under the ribbon so the glue wouldn't show.

Watch the Video for the Full Tutorial!

Join my community

to get FREE Printables and Special Deals only for my subscribers:

My Disclaimer: All of the video footage, photos, and designs are created by me and are owned by Designs By Gaddis. You may only use the video footage, photos, and designs with my permission. My content is mine and it is protected. I am not sponsored or paid by any of the product companies or tools shown in these videos unless otherwise mentioned. I have full rights and control of the content.

Copyright @ Designs By Gaddis 2020. Any reproduction or illegal distribution of the content in any form will result in immediate action against the person concerned.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Dawn @ Designs By Gaddis

• Rag11415433
    Rag11415433

Saw these at a grocery store today....$16.99....didn’t have the ring to hang...just attached to a wreath hanger!!!!!!!

• Doreen Kennedy
    Doreen Kennedy

I’ve been using pine cones for Christmas decorations for over 30 years. I love the look of yours. The last comment was spot on. I have loads of pine cones in my basement that I’ve picked up in my yard. A small bag at Michael’s cost $15.