How to Make an Affordable DIY Candle Holder

$10

We use chargers for parties in our home. They are fun to add a pop of color to the white plates we use. They get used often and when they do, they can easily be cracked. Here’s a way to upcycle a cracked charger. You can make it into a DIY candle holder. Follow along and see how we upcycled this cracked charger.

Here is the crack on the charger. It's not too bad. But, we can't use it for parties any longer.

First, gather the list above and the tools and place them on the table. I found that about 40 - 45 flat-sided red, opaque, and clear gems are needed for this project. Cut the St. John's Wort and Rosemary sprigs fresh and lets them sit out for a few minutes or so. I used a flameless candle that was about 4 - 5 inches in diameter.

Now that you have all the supplies together, heat your glue gun, and get ready to glue the beads. Wipe off the charger, add a little hot glue to the crack, and start gluing the gem's flat side down to the charger. Work your way around the edge of the charger. Then, add another row. You can use the space in between the first row to make the two rows tighter together if you want. Hold the gem for a few seconds so it adheres properly.

Above are two rows of the charger glued on. Pull off all the hot glue strains from the edge of the charger if they are sticking to the sides.

Now layer the St. John's wort to the platter. Since they are flat, they can go under the candle. You do not need to glue them because as they dry, you may want to replace them with fresh ones.

Now, add the candle and then add the rosemary around the candle on the charger.

Here's the finished piece. What do you think? I love it. I did have to change out the herbs because they dried out over time. But, I had so much of them, it did not matter to me. =) Visit our post for more details.

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Sabrina's Organizing

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Love this idea. So simple yet so elegant. These chargers are inexpensive to buy and the glass beads with the fresh greens really dresses up a dining room table or side board. I have used a charger by chalk painting the center for marking down the number of days for Christmas to arrive for my grand children and decorated the rim of it. Will definitely have to make one like yours. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

• Wishy washy maybe
    Wishy washy maybe

your supply list picture for the glass beads looks like covid!!!