DIY Rustic Votive Candles

$20.00

Do you have a narrow table? If so, finding a centerpiece that doesn't overpower the table can be a challenge. I found a simple DIY rustic votive that is a great way to decorate on a smaller table.

To make these you don't need a lot of supplies. I used some stemless wine glasses, yarn and burlap twine. You could make them out of a clear glass jar too.

For more easy DIY projects come visit Design Morsels.

These only take a few minutes to make. The first step is to gather all the supplies and turn on your glue gun.

Put a dab of glue on the glass to get your project started.

Once you have one end secured you can wrap the yarn around until you get the desired coverage. You want enough glass to be exposed where the light from the candle will still shine through.

Next add another dab of glue to start the burlap twine. I didn't use as much of this, just enough to give it a rustic look.

The final step is to drop a candle in and light it. You can use any glass object as a base for this, as long as it holds a candle.

I set my candles on top of a baguette pan and added a few stalks of greenery. It makes a great narrow centerpiece and a simple table setting for entertaining outdoors.

For more ideas about how to set a simple table for entertaining, come visit my blog.

Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Andrea

• Christy Roppel
    Christy Roppel

I really like this, but I have a question: Does the heat from the candle melt the glue?

• Andrea
      Andrea

the candle didn’t melt my glue. They are reusable.

• Andrea
    Andrea

The candle didn't melt the glue for me. If you are worried you could use a battery operated candle inside instead. I hop that helps.

• Lisa West
    Lisa West

Love the cotton branches. Plain but very elegant. Love it. Add the right amount of umphf, imo.