Cabinet Makeover

$185

I found this little gem in our local thrift store tucked away in the corner. I don’t usually find pieces that are in perfect condition, but this one was perfect, minus some hardware, but I would have changed it anyway!

The perfect size and even the shelves were stationary. A nice sturdy solid wood piece!

I started by removing the old hardware, then gave it a good cleaning! I use Krud Kutter from The Home Depot. It’s usually under $7 it’s an excellent cleaner.

I used an echo friendly paint called green sheen in a light gray color called Putty. This paint has a very strange smell, but is well worth it! It goes on so smooth and doesn’t really require a lot of coats.

Ok, so I have always wanted to do this and I got so excited that I put the stencil on the wrong side! Make sure to put it on the inside of your glass, I will fix later! I love how it turned out though!

Make sure to measure, then use tape to attach the stencil.

I chose white for this project. You can use a glass friendly paint from folk art or any type of glass friendly paint. Use the least amount of paint possible , you really barely need any! Dab your brush onto a paper towel, the least amount, the better! You will have bleed through if you put too much!

This one is from Amazon and is only $6.60

Loving how it turned out!

I decided to do something different. Instead of using regular pulls, I bought this hardware on Amazon called iron card pulls $9.99 for 20 pieces and they come with screws.

You can insert any color paper you like, I chose brown and printed out some old style typewriter font to insert into the pulls. Shown below. https://www.amazon. com https

I also purchased these cute little acrylic pumpkin knobs from Amazon, perfect for lots of pieces! A perfect match for this piece! https://www.amazon.com

I decided to leave the top and the inside it’s original stain as it was a good contrast and perfect for showing off the stencil.

I’m going to leave you with some of my favorite pictures, if you have any questions I’ll be glad to share! Thanks for stopping by. Happy holidays everyone! 🌲

Love this hardware and it’s very inexpensive!

There’s so much storage in this piece!

I used wrapping paper to line the drawers. This paper is very thick, so it’s perfect for this use!

Here’s a before and after

This stencil can be found on Amazon.

Fresh and functional!

Happy holidays!

Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas