Easy Gift Tag Ornament

$5

Give your gifts a little something extra this year, with these beautiful gift tag ornaments. You can easily make them out of plastic placemats and when they are done decorating your present, hang them on the Christmas tree.

Grab your supplies:

• A plastic sparkly placemat (I like the ones with holes)
  • Cookie Cutters or stencils
  • A scissors
  • A marker
  • Hemp cord or fishing line

1) Trace your design onto your placemat. I used a dry erase marker because it easily wiped off when I was done cutting out my ornament. If you don't have a washable marker make sure to draw your outline on the back of your placemat so it can't be seen.

2) Cut your design out with your scissors. Then trim and smooth the edges. If you use the placemat with holes in it like I did it can be a little harder to get a smooth edge on your design. Trim your ornament gift tag until it looks good.

Tie some hemp cord or fishing line onto the top of the ornament so that you can attach it to your present and later hang it on the tree.

Attach the ornament gift tag to your present with tape or a ribbon. You can either glue a piece of wood or cardstock onto the ornament for a permanent name tag, or tape a temporary nametag onto the ornament to let your gift recipient know who the gift is from.

Happy wrapping!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Practical Whimsy Designs - Erin

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

Where do you write TO and FROM on the tags?

• Vikki Decker
      Vikki Decker

Just write the To and From on the back of the package. This way the front will be pretty as she showed in her pictures. Good Job on a cute and easy DIY decoration for a gift

• Terry
    Terry

very pretty! (btw... does it drive anyone else crazy when people ask questions that have been answered in the post already?!?)

• Beth Booth
      Beth Booth

It sure bugs me. I love when the answer points out where it is in the instructions.