Grab your supplies:
- A plastic sparkly placemat (I like the ones with holes)
- Cookie Cutters or stencils
- A scissors
- A marker
- Hemp cord or fishing line
Give your gifts a little something extra this year, with these beautiful gift tag ornaments. You can easily make them out of plastic placemats and when they are done decorating your present, hang them on the Christmas tree.
Grab your supplies:
1) Trace your design onto your placemat. I used a dry erase marker because it easily wiped off when I was done cutting out my ornament. If you don't have a washable marker make sure to draw your outline on the back of your placemat so it can't be seen.
2) Cut your design out with your scissors. Then trim and smooth the edges. If you use the placemat with holes in it like I did it can be a little harder to get a smooth edge on your design. Trim your ornament gift tag until it looks good.
Tie some hemp cord or fishing line onto the top of the ornament so that you can attach it to your present and later hang it on the tree.
Attach the ornament gift tag to your present with tape or a ribbon. You can either glue a piece of wood or cardstock onto the ornament for a permanent name tag, or tape a temporary nametag onto the ornament to let your gift recipient know who the gift is from.
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go
Who doesn't need wall art pieces? I know I still have bare walls...2 years after moving in!...
These cute little Dala Horses are super easy to make already using inexpensive no mess clay but add...
We’ve all been there when we find what we think is the perfect piece for a makeover and then to find...
I can’t believe how amazing this high-end DIY Rustic Decor with Dollar Tree Cactus Succulent...
It’s funny how my decor taste is starting to change. What used to be a room with all white furniture...
Do you have heavily textured or popcorn ceilings and you don’t want the hassle of removing it? Learn...