Adorable Thumb Print Ornament

$10

My son is a bit young to get into crafting with me, but this Christmas tree ornament was the perfect way to involve him in the process! This also made an affordable and very personal gift for family members.

I started with a 1x3 board and used my miter saw to cut it into squares. You could easily skip this step if you don't have power tools my buying wood blocks or having it cut at the hardware store.

I then drilled a j,hole in each square to later thread a jute cord that would allow it to hang from the tree. You could also use ribbon and simply hot glue it on.

I sanded each block and white washed them using wood stain.

Now the fun part! I used a sponge to paint my son's finger with brown paint and helped him press down to make a finger print.

After it dried I drew on eyes with a sharpie and used the end of a pencil eraser to dab on a red nose with paint.

I drew on antlers with a fine tip sharpie.

I sealed them by spraying a light coat of polyurethane and threaded a jute rope so it could hang from the tree.

These make the most adorable and personal Christmas gift and are definitely super affordable.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

This is so clever and cute, and agree, a wonderful keepsake [with a note on the back with name and date of thumbprint].

This is definitely a fun and special project to do ~ thank you very much for sharing and inspiring!

• Nancy Ponder
    Nancy Ponder

Maybe put child’s name and date on back. Love the project!