Fresh Whimsical Porch Trees

$5

The simplicity of Scandinavian Decor is my favorite, and the holiday season is no exception. While searching for holiday porch decor ideas I was inspired by some trees made from fresh evergreens and decided to attempt my own.

For the base, I started off with this. Literally nothing fancy at all, a stick inside a block of concrete. I had used these as string light poles on my daughter's playhouse, so I upcycled one for this project.

We have an abundance of fresh pine in our backyard so I gathered fresh clippings. I bundled them in groups of about 5-6 branches and wrapped them tightly with floral wire.

PRO TIP: If you don't have access to fresh evergreens, ask a local big box store or tree farm if you can purchase or have their clippings.

Then I took the individual bundles and wrapped them around the top of the branch so that they fell in a downward sweeping display.

Next I took some spruce clippings and attached them in the same fashion, but this time I faced them upwards on the branch.

Next I wrapped the top branches with a TON of floral wire. The goal here is to wrap the top portion in a way that it will be mold-able and flexible so that you can shape it into a drooping tree top look.

In order to cover the gap and branches where the top and bottom sections meet, I used these faux moss sheets from the dollar tree.

I used floral wire to weave two sheets into one longer sheet, and wrapped it well around the center section.

Once it was wrapped, it looked like a more seamless transition from top to bottom. I added in a few more loose clippings for good measure.

And there you have it! It's a gentle nod to both Scandinavian holiday trees combined with a little mix of Who-ville! It has done well outside in our colder Midwest temperatures with no additional water, but you could spray it occasionally to keep it looking lush a little longer.

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Jessica | The Martin Nest