DIY Candy Cane Ornament +Slim Christmas Tree Decor (Space Saver)

$45
1 Day

Small space living makes it challenging to make your place nicer because of the limited area. I always have a dilemma whether to put more decor or to keep everything simple just so we can have more space to move around.

This season is not an exception. But because I would not be spending Christmas with family I decided (last minute) to put up a Christmas tree. Just to feel the festivity.

Slim Christmas tree is best if you are in the same living situation as me. 

Here's what I did with my tree to make it festive but not going overboard. 

First I set up my slim Christmas tree. This is 5 feet tall and only about 25 inches in circumference. Pretty slim! :)

Then I added some fairy lights. It's my first time using fairy lights for decorating and I must say this is better with the classic Christmas lights. 

Note: Always buy the battery operated ones :) They are easier to use if you want to skip the trouble of connecting them to a socket.

Once I have set up my tree and lights I hanged some small white Christmas balls. I was going for a simple look. But everything around in our condo is in 'minimalist style' so I thought it would be fun to add more colors. 

Here's an easy way to make candy cane using air-dry clay.

You only need two colors. White and red. 

Make your white clay bigger than the red ones on the sides. And twist them to form a stripe. Here's a video from my Instagram if you need a twisting technique.

Happy Christmas to all. Stay safe! :)

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Everything Red For Canada Day

• Aimee
    Aimee

How cute! Love the simple look!

• Linda Abate
    Linda Abate

Love your tree. The pencil trees are the way to go if you have a small space. Sometimes the simpler the decorations the better. This is really adorable with the candy cane decorations. Wishing you and yours happy holidays. Thanks for sharing.