Quick & Easy DIY Gift Bow Trees

$15

Every year I love to make some kind of repurposed tree project, and this year I created a trio of trees using repurposed gift bows.

I found these gift bows at my local dollar store. They're about 2 inches across, give or take, and are perfect for this project.

Because they're small they fit nicely when working with styrofoam tree cones.

For my first tree I'm using a 9 1/2" styrofoam tree cone, and I decided to do it in rows of bows. I used my hot glue gun to put them in place.

TIP: Remove the sticky thingies on the backs of the bows first. They won't stick to the styrofoam for long.

I continued my way up the cone, alternating the green, gold, and red bows.

When placing the bows, make sure they're nice and snug so you don't have gaps looking through to the cone.

When I was finished I added a red bow to the top, but you could add whatever you like.

Here's a random variation I did with a 12 inch cone.

And here's a sparkly version with just gold bows and a red bow tree topper. For this one I used an 8 inch cone.

The possibilities for creating these trees is as limitless as the colors and styles of bows out there.

Whatever your Christmas decor style, there's a fun and festive gift bow tree that could be created to work for you.

If you enjoyed this project you can find more DIY Christmas Tree projects here on my blog.

These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Color Me Thrifty

• Carolyn
    Carolyn

I believe I’ll try this next year! I like the various looks I could do with the tree and the wreath. Neat idea!

• Joanie
    Joanie

These are so cute!! I think I'll make one for each of my kids and families. Maybe one for myself....:)).....maybe for my neighbors too!!